Tuesday 13 August 2013

Typo errors and poor building maintenance = poor image

I wrote about poor customer service some time ago. This photo is from the slimming centre I visited. While waiting for the Consultant, I spotted this unprofessional advertising on the wall.

What do I mean? Typo errors unchecked destroy any kind of professional service you may offer. It shows lack of attention to detail. I circled the errors in red.* The errors are so basic that even a child will be able to spot the errors and offer the correct answers. I wonder if the fact that the staff are more proficient in Mandarin than English, then no one will bother proficient in Mandarin than checking the English text in detail. "Most of the customers don't speak English anyway." Wrong move! Minor details that are overlooked damage your image and reputation.

The same applies to this uncovered vent in the consultation room. What I saw through the hole was clean. Good building management. However, I felt unsafe sitting directly under that uncovered vent. I kept wondering if anything was going to fall on my head!

Some cultures just do not pay attention to detail.

Learn a language, learn a culture!

Fun Language Tools

*Typo errors and corrections:
"i" should be "I"
"Iam" should be "I am"
"All Thanks" should be "All thanks"
"friendly staffs!." should be "friendly staff!"

No comments:

Post a Comment