Monday 29 September 2014

The fish lost his job

I was having a drink at a local food centre when I chanced on this dish called "Fired Fish".

The human brain is wired such that any normal person would have automatically read it as "Fried Fish". Unfortunately, I am not "any normal person". Years of proofreading work have caused me to pick up typo errors with alarming frequency. As I taught my Office Skills students, always ask someone else who has better language skills than you to check your work before you submit it. The person you choose must be detailed and meticulous, or your work will not be error-free. This picture is a good example.

In case you are wondering, I conclude that the fish lost his job (aka "got fired") through no fault of his own. Poor fish!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment